Monday, June 25, 2012

What you gonna do with a broken server early in the morning

Well, type out a blog post on your phone naturally. For those keeping score it's Just over a week now sans server and it ain't getting any easier.

So

Back in that place where there is only war ( as long as you don't count Birmingham...or Syria) I was able to purchase a very old school lictor for the tyrannus tyranidus genus.

This was one of the few occasions I basecoated in white. At the time I didn't think much of it, but after watching a video where a guy airbrushed over a black basecoat with grey at a 45 degree angle and white directly above, then did the majority of the painting with washes. It gave the mini a nice gradient.

Anyway with the lictor I painted the carapace grey before washing it repeatedly with drake holm nightshade from GW. The flesh is pallid Wycherley flesh with a druchii purple wash and another coat of wych flesh. I'll get a coat of sepia wash on there at some point to shade the musculature.

Base is the GW snow stuff I seem to be using quite often.

I have a ton of 'Nids to paint and not much desire to do so at the minute. Same goes for Dark Eldar. I find that rank and file miniatures tend to be rather dull and prefer to paint hero or single units....may explain why I prefer skirmish games.

hmm I reckon that's an episode of Supernatural going on in the back...I recognise that jacket anywhere.


PS: Carnivale is a great show, don't let anyone tell you differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment