Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So what exactly is her "great rack"

So

As things go it looks like I'm only going to be painting at the weekends or on high days and holidays, so here's this weekends star attraction. As promised the lady with the rack everyone covets: pSkarre

I hear she's the bomb.

So( I do like that word don't I?) here's the skinny. I took a look at the studio paint job and though I'd try my best and this is what you got.

Skin is a mixture of GW Rakath flesh and talarn flesh as base coat. Washes with carroburg crimson and then highlighted with Rakath flesh, talarn and pale wych flesh with a splash of carroburg crimson in the mix. Well you already know I'm useless at faces.

Eyes are white with a light wash of necrotite green so you can see the white iris underneath.

Cloak is a wet blend Of ( from the top) GW chaos black to dark shadow grey to Cryx bane base to dark angel green to gnarl green. Kinda worked.

Metal was a base of clestia grey follqes by boltgun metal with a highlight of chain mail and a blue wash. Blighted gold on the grips etc.

Hair was celestia grey over chaos black followed by a blue wash and glacial blue highlights with some red for the captain jack sparra' look.

Base was a custom resin with a very old school GW terracotta washed with army painter light tone followed by a liberal application of GW snow paint thing. Highly technical I'm sure you'll agree.

Side note: I paint on the 180s in differing colours depending on the faction:

Green and brown = Circle
Bright green and bronze = Cryx
Red and white = khador
Others to be confirmed though I think I'll change Cryx to blighted gold instead of bronze.


Second sub note: this painting was made possible by the delightful decoder ring theatre podcast, especially the tales of the red panda. Without them painting wouldn't be half as fun. Cheers.

Third sub note: about the horn...the second one disappeared as I opened the package. I looked for about 2o mins before deciding to model my own out of green stuff. I think it gives her a wee bit more character, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment