Sunday, June 17, 2012

A downed server doesn't stop...Justice!

As our work server has committed seppuku this morning, I have a small amount of time to bring you an introduction to the wonderful world of Malifaux.

Malifaux is a table top skirmish game not unlike necromunda in that you play in gangs against each other and variable terrain is a big part of it. However the main difference is that Malifaux is played with a deck of playing cards( you can use your own but there are specific branded fate decks with relevant imagery). Instead of rolling a dice you flip a card. On top if this you also have a hand of 7? Cards which you can use to substitute your flip or "cheat fate" as it were. There are other systems too but that is the barebones of it.

I picked up Lady Justice and the death marshalls box set as well as the Victorias box set for my housemate to play with. Have yet to play but painting is going well:

Here you have the death marshals. They were what drew me to that gang to be honest. I reckon the leather dusters look a little flat, so I will revisit them at some point.

Next time lady dd and the judge himself .

No comments:

Post a Comment