Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sparky vampires, effervescent zombies

So

Reading the Von Carstein books as I am at the moment I felt the need to paint vampires..so I picked up Vlad Von Carstein. I also had the urge to try a bit of NMM or non metallic metals if you prefer. This is my first go at it and you can see that I've still a long way to go on this(and everything else)


Undercoat de jour, bit thick on the face but eh..whatyagonnadoeh?

Okay here's where things start getting tricky. Skin is Vallejo dead flesh..does what it says on the tin eh? now the bronze armour has been painted a very washed down mournfang brown by GW. NMM you get me?
Khorne red on the cloak, grey wash on the sword and pallid wych flesh on the face bring us a wee bit closer.
and the final coat. I used brown leather and then some off white with a sepia wash to 'try' for the NMM bronze. It's half way there i think, it all just looks a little flat. Nice base though huh?


there you go, a zombie. A Nazi Zombie in fact...happy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment