Thursday, July 19, 2012

A satyricon?

So
A quick run through of a Gnarlhorn Satyr today. He's a large lad as you can see with the comparison shot at the end. Middle figure is normal 28mm scale. That's how big the Satyr is in comparison.
Started with my typical gradient undercoat technique

I then put on the basecoats of all the colours. I used Vallejo Elfish flesh for the fur,tuscor fur for the leather and oldskool dwarf bronze for the armour. Horns done with army painter skeleton bone with a little off white for a change.


Washes applied. Army painter soft tone, GW old green wash and ogryn flesh on the horn.




I tried to get a fur texture going on the...erm...fur but I don't think it came out too well. Hair was black with some administratum grey and dark reaper highlights. Eye was my usual white with yellow wash with black dot for the pupil


And this shot gives you an idea of the scale. Yeah I'm working on some decent basing materials.

More Kickstarter madness



this looks to be a really nice set of Chaos type warriors. Its always good to support the smaller companies, so get to it.


Also a finished kickstarter by Antimatter Games caught my eye due to the models and a setting under the sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment