Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Court for all Seasons

Still plugging away into the aether

I recently took stock of all my bitz, which there are many due to kickstarter and general ebaying from last year. Mostly I like singular models which don't really have a theme as I don't really intend to ever play any of the wargames from whence the models spring.

However, if you've taken any interest in my choices so far, you'll notice I tend to like painting Wood Elves and Circle minatures (as well as the odd whatever else) so here's my thinking:

Summer and Winter Courts ie A War of the Fey
Taking cues from 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' and 'Dresden Files' I plan on creating Seelie (Summer Fairies) and Unseelie (Winter Fairies) armies. Now when I say fairies I dinnae mean Tinkerbell. We're talking Grimm's and Germanic fairies, i.e anything that lives in the realm. Ice Giants, Giant Spiders, Dragons, Vampires, Loup-Garous, skeletons, zombies, wraiths, bears, tree-men..look you name it, it's in there.

So here's my current work on it:
Knight of the Summer Court


The Winter Queen, Mab
Skeleton of the Winter Court

You can see that with the Winter  Court I have attempted to add Ice effects and a cold tone. I don't know how well it worked to be honest. I've redone Mab as she's a work in progress. Considering she's the most important character on Winter's side it's necessary to get her right.

Zombie of the Winter Court

No comments:

Post a Comment